Re: Does anyone still bottle?

Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:35 pm

Started brewing in 2007 and I've never bottled one of my beers....I started kegging day one. I'm now looking at bottling because I want to start entering competitions. When I want to share my beer with friends or take to a party I just fill up a growler or two.

I have a stash of 8 kegs, so even when I want to age a beer I don't mind tying up a keg for a year or more. Actually, I believe beer ages better in a large volume; at least that's been my experience...try a 330ml Chimay and a Magnum (1.5L) Chimay! And as others have said, you can dial in carbonation exactly how you want it. Plus you have the cool factor...pulling a pint of YOUR beer on tap always impresses friends!
:bnarmy: Corporal – SoCal Division, Inland Empire Platoon

On tap: Nada
Conditioning: Nada
Fermenting: Mexican Lager
Planned: Doppelbock or Weizenbock, Oatmeal Stout, DIPA
santamarina

Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:38 am

I'd add to the above that the number one reason that I keg is to avoid oxidation in hoppy beers. If you like having a house IPA or IIPA on hand, kegging is the way to go.
maxwell

Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:10 am

I keg all of my beers, and then bottle from the keg the stronger ones, as it is dangerous for me to have an 8% beer on tap.
Beer. Bikes. Cosmic B-fields.
adamK

Previous

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing