It finally happened!

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:14 am

I finally wore out a brew kettle. About 12 years ago I bought a really cheap 4 gallon aluminum pot to use when I started extract brewing. After switching to all grain a few months later, I still used that pot a lot for heating water for preheating the mash tun, decoctions, etc., along with some occasional regular cooking. I beat the shit out of this pot over the years. Finally today, I see that I now have a pinhole leak in the bottom in between all the dents and wrinkles in the bottom.

For those who believe that they should only use stainless because it lasts longer, pay attention. It took me 12 years (200+ batches) to wear out a really cheap aluminum pot while abusing the piss out of it. A quality aluminum pot with good care should last you a lifetime.

I still won't throw this thing out. It will hold crushed grain just fine.
Bugeater Brewing Company
http://www.lincolnlagers.com
Bugeater

Re: It finally happened!

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:16 am

Nice work Boog, now can you tell us how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? :)
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Re: It finally happened!

Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:59 pm

Ozwald wrote:Nice work Boog, now can you tell us how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? :)

It took me 475.....my hometown was very boring lol
Stinkfist

Return to Brewing Equipment