Top Tier mounting kit for Tower of Power

Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:50 pm

The Tower of Power mount has a stabilizing leg that has holes for two leveling feet. The original leg has only one leveling foot. And, the manual mentions "small" leveling feet as differentiated from large leveling feet. But, no leveling feet are in the package, meaning I'm missing either 1 or 2 leveling feet.

Or am I just missing something in the instructions?
BS

Re: Top Tier mounting kit for Tower of Power

Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:47 pm

My experience with Blichmann's QC has been pretty bad, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if they are missing. I'd send that same question to john@blichmannengineering.com.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:09 pm

How do you like the Tower of Power by the way?
Joe

http://www.westcoastbrewer.com/ West Coast Brewer
westcoastbrewer

Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:54 pm

I couldn't justify the price for my HLT temperature, so I only have one Tower of Power controller on my March pump outlet. I use it for setting my strike temp, mashing, and also after my plate chiller to monitor the temp going into my carboys. The option of doing rests and mash out with the touch of a button is fantastic. I also plan on doing cheat decoctions where I use less volume of decoction and then ramp up to the next rest, so I don't over shoot my next rest. It does eliminate a tremendous amount of dicking around to hit and maintain mash temps. The only work for me is to hit my strike temp, check the recirculate flow for 1 gallon/ min, stir the mash ever 10 minutes, and to input a temp change. Since I don't have the Blichmann flow meter, I just eye ball it a minute after I stir. If you think this makes mashing easier you are absolutely correct.

My opinion is that this is the best innovation in brewing since the auto syphon and modern yeast!

:jnj
Gary
Eldorado/ Lemon Drop Summer IPA
German Bock
Boh Pils brewed on a 96 degree day.
gwk453

Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:27 pm

gwk453 wrote:Modern Yeast

Funny, my 001 was just asking me for a subscription to that magazine. Is it any good?
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:05 pm

Brewed AG in the 1970's, Yeast choices were Edme or Vierka. Edme inflicted pain on you palate. You might as well have used bread yeast. Vierka was good!
Yes , I consider all the choices of yeast we have today, a huge innovation, :jnj Modern yeast!!!!! :aaron :aaron :aaron

Gary :D
German Bock
gwk453

Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:57 am

gwk453 wrote:I couldn't justify the price for my HLT temperature, so I only have one Tower of Power controller on my March pump outlet. I use it for setting my strike temp, mashing, and also after my plate chiller to monitor the temp going into my carboys. The option of doing rests and mash out with the touch of a button is fantastic. I also plan on doing cheat decoctions where I use less volume of decoction and then ramp up to the next rest, so I don't over shoot my next rest. It does eliminate a tremendous amount of dicking around to hit and maintain mash temps. The only work for me is to hit my strike temp, check the recirculate flow for 1 gallon/ min, stir the mash ever 10 minutes, and to input a temp change. Since I don't have the Blichmann flow meter, I just eye ball it a minute after I stir. If you think this makes mashing easier you are absolutely correct.

My opinion is that this is the best innovation in brewing since the auto syphon and modern yeast!

:jnj
Gary

Thanks Gary, I appreciate the info.
Joe

http://www.westcoastbrewer.com/ West Coast Brewer
westcoastbrewer

Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:04 am

Another reason, other than the price, I am glad I only have one controller is that the solenoid operated gas valve does restrict the gas flow significantly reducing the BTU output of that burner. It does protect the RIMMS from scorching the mash. I still have 2 burners to blast with. The only other drawback is with the auto ignition you will have blow out problems if exposed to the wind. This is a not a set it and forget it system, for safety and flow you just have to babysit!

I am real happy with the results and use of this system, with only 1/3 of the price of the entire system! Believe me the price of the one controller put a beat down on my brew budget, but I am glad I have it. I saved $1300 over the total package and I am getting the same results. My brew day is easier.

:aaron
Gary
German Bock
gwk453

Next

Return to Brewing Sculptures