Re: My new build. Another Brutus Clone.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:09 am

Hammer wrote:
Whitebeard_Brewer wrote:Very nice so far.....Stainless??? How much was the raw material??

I spent around $480 on stainless so far. It took a little time to get used to working with it. But I am happy with the results so far.

As for casters I am happy with leaving it setup in my brew room without having to move it. If I ever use it out side or when I move to the next house I will go the caster route.

Is the stainless you are referrring to just for the stand?

I also thought about the casters thing but did not mention it, I would consider putting them on there, just to make it easy to move around so you can clean underneth the stand after brewing and the occasional boil over.
CRBrewHound

Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:50 pm

I noticed the MIG welder in the pic. Is that what you used. I always thought that you needed a TIG welder for stainless steel.
A woman drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her-W.C. Fields
scotchpine

Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:57 pm

I am SUPER jealous of that thing. The stainless sets it off. Nicely done, can't wait to see the finished product.
I damn near drooled when I saw the double Boilermaker setup.
:jnj
snowcapt

Thu May 12, 2011 12:09 am

nice job so far, looking forward to seeing more of the build, +1 for the casters.

cheers
Shed Brewer

Thu May 12, 2011 8:24 am

scotchpine wrote:I noticed the MIG welder in the pic. Is that what you used. I always thought that you needed a TIG welder for stainless steel.
I'm not a welder, but from what I've been led to believe, TIG is best, in particular for sanitary welds; but you can use MIG. My stand isn't stainless, so no issue there, but I wouldn't have a problem MIG welding a stand. I paid someone to TIG weld the fittings on my kegs.
Aging: Gotlandsdrickå, Baltic Porter in Bourbon barrel, Olde Ale #2 in whiskey barrel
On Draft: Nothing. Building a walk-in cooler right now.
foomench

Previous

Return to Brewing Sculptures