Re: Converting bayou burner to low pressure LP

Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:41 am

I was using a 1/4" supply line to the burner, so I decided to upgrade to 3/8" and it made a huge difference! More flame than I'll ever need. I did have to drill open the orifice. Ended up at .094", which according to the charts is about right.....66,000 btu.

I have not tried to fire two burners at the same time yet, I'm still putting together my manifold, but I think I'll be fine. I have a Marshall 2 stage regulator and I used a standard Lowes 3/8" shut of valve off of the regulator, so I've got a pretty straight shot. I'll hopefully get to the 2 burner test this weekend. Just need to figure out how to strap the black pipe to my brewstand.

Thanks for the tips!
BrianL

Re: Converting bayou burner to low pressure LP

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:48 am

HUH??? We have been using High-pressure burners with 1/4" pipe with no problems. We use the High-pressure regulators and just put needle valves on the Honeywell pilots. No Problem. With the needle valve adjusted way down, you can run your burners full open and still have a nice clean flame from your pilots. Of course we've only been running systems like that for a couple of years now, so who knows if it will work in the long run. :wink:
aleguy

Previous

Return to Brewing Sculptures