Control Panel Mounting

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:09 am

I am gretting ready to weld up my new brew stand but for the life of me I cant figure out how everyone is mounting their control panels. I am building a brutus style single tier stand. If everyone is building thier control panel mounts sticking out level with the stand how are you getting the boxes tilted?
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. beer!

BN Army Janitor
mykafone

Re: Control Panel Mounting

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:27 am

mykafone wrote:I am gretting ready to weld up my new brew stand but for the life of me I cant figure out how everyone is mounting their control panels. I am building a brutus style single tier stand. If everyone is building thier control panel mounts sticking out level with the stand how are you getting the boxes tilted?

On my single tier stand, I extended the front right leg to be about a foot higher than the burner surface. Then I cut a 45 degree angle in the X and Y axis (think compound miter for crown molding) with the "high" corner being on the top/back/left. Then effectively rotated the cut off piece 180 degrees... That leaves a mount for the panel that is 45 degrees front to back, and side to side - so it is angled towards me if I stand right in front between the mash tun and the boil kettle. If you need a picture, PM me, and I'll attach one later tonight, when I am home.

Mylo
"Life is too short to bottle homebrew." - Me

"HEINEKEN? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!" - Dennis Hopper, in Blue Velvet
Mylo
Global Moderator

Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:46 am

My control box is just bolted to the side of my stand. I played with the angle for a bit. Then settled on a fairly steep one so any spills are more likely to run off the face plate than down inside of the control box. Here is a link to pics of my system.
http://beermachine.embarqspace.com/#/welcome/4535489854
Check it out.
Grizz

Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:45 pm

I welded the panel support on at an angle. Since the box is plastic i used 4 stainless bolts and tapped it right into the arm. The vinyl bolts are what holds the electrical buses inside the box.

blbvtec

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:35 am

I built my stand out of bed frames and an old water heater tank. I just extended one of the top frame pieces beyond the end and welded in inverted L shape to the end of it. I bolted an old bracket off the frames to the top, which forms a swivel which allows me to both remove the control panel and move it to any angle I wish in the vertical plane. I was not concerned about angling it in the horizontal because I built my stand very low to allow for easy access to the kettles and the box is mostly high enough and far away enough that no drips or spills can hit it. (Sorry, no photos yet. I'm still saving up for my stainless gas lines and fittings. All Swagelock. so no chance of any leaks between the manifold [all gas controls mounted immediately below control panel] and the pilots/burners.)
aleguy

Return to Brewing Sculptures