Re: 3 tier gravity system

Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:40 pm

Bruck wrote:Do you fire up the propane burners in the basement? I thought that was a big no no???

No, I move the brew-tree outside and brew in the back yard.
On Tap
American Amber Ale #4 (Cascade FWH, Centennial, Cascade)
Crooked_S

Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:27 pm

Hopscott wrote:beltbuckle,

Do you gravity feed through that CFC? How well does it work?

Yeah I gravity feed through it. Works fine. Drains 11 gallons in about 15 minutes or so.
PFC BN Army - 43rd Battalion Mashing Squadron
beltbuckle

Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:10 am

Crooked_S wrote:Here is my system. I brew 10 gallon batches on it outside and move it with a dolly. It's a bit maxed out but totally manageable. The boild kettle starts out full to an inch from the top. I figure if you are going to boil over it doesn't matter how much head space you have anyway. Normally I don't boil over but last sunday I did it 3 times. It was cold and I couldn't see through the steam to what was happening inside...

Pete

How did you build the shelves? What material are you using to rest the kegs on?
bobjohnson

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:09 pm

Looks like that perforated steel, straight and angle, you can get from HD or Lowe's.
Conical Fermenter - Amber Lager
Keg#1 Dunkel
Keg#2 Helles
Keg#3 Flanders Red
Keg#4 Star San
Keg#5 Star San
Keg#6 Star San
Kbar

Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:39 pm

It's the same material for the keggle shelves as the verticle part that you can see quite well in the picture. Unequal leg angle iron. Pretty heavy duty stuff. It provides a nice rest for the kettles and also gives sides that keep them from slipping off. I had to burn the paint off the shelves because the paint wasn't high temperature paint. It was already painted when I scrounged it. The bracing is the flat metal with pre-drilled holes that I got from the hardware store. It isn't strong I employed it in such a way that it prevents the frame from being 'pulled' in a certain direction. So, above the shelf -- preventing it from pulling down as opposed to below the shelf...
On Tap
American Amber Ale #4 (Cascade FWH, Centennial, Cascade)
Crooked_S

Previous

Return to Brewing Sculptures