Re: Stand painting

Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:24 am

TheMadHopper wrote:Sort of on the same subject...
Is stainless worth it to build a stand out of, or should I just find any old metal and paint it?

If you can afford stainless steel, go for it. if not, then you'll have to settle for paint, or powder coat. You don't want to look back and say, I should have gone with the stainless, the paint just isn't holding up.
Stop staring at my big beautiful BOOBS!!!!
hotrod38

Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:22 pm

Is stainless worth it to build a stand out of, or should I just find any old metal and paint it?

Stainless is sweet, but I couldn't justify the cost. Also, I'm not too worried about rust where I live. Georgia is a different story.
Aging: Gotlandsdrickå, Baltic Porter in Bourbon barrel, Olde Ale #2 in whiskey barrel
On Draft: Nothing. Building a walk-in cooler right now.
foomench

Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:48 pm

Stainless steel is affordable, but most homebrewers got the idea of a brutus design using 2" by 2" stainless tubing, which is overkill. You can have a stainless steel sculpture for the same price of a mild steel. Solution is to downsize the tubing to 1" by 1" tubing. Stainless is nice, for the no maintanence portion of it, but not necessary.
If you want peace, be prepared for war!
usmcruz

Previous

Return to Brewing Sculptures