Tippy Dump in Doc's 2100?

Mon May 01, 2006 11:39 am

Doc,

I was on the gallery drooling over your brewery and see that your 2100 looks like it has a tippy dump option installed in the mash tun. Was this custom? B3 catalog does not show this as an option?

Were there any other non-standard options you built into your sculpture?
Last edited by breyton on Fri May 05, 2006 7:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
breyton

Re: Dippy Dump in your 2100?

Tue May 02, 2006 10:02 am

breyton wrote:Doc,

I was on the gallery drooling over your brewery and see that your 2100 looks like it has a tippy dump option installed in the mash tun. Was this custom? B3 catalog does not show this as an option?

Were there any other non-standard options you built into your sculpture?

Yes, it does have a tippydump, (one of only two built I think) I didn't relish the idea of lifting the 28gal mash tun everytime I was done brewing. I use a modified wheelbarrow to dump the spent grains into. It's also several inches shorter (because I'm several inches shorter). It has a a SS heat shield added on three sides. I have since added some shielding to the front side of the burners too. It has an electronic auto pilot system for the HLT (no constant live pilot light). Two pumps w/ lots of valving (so I don't have to change hoses mid-brew)
Cheers,
Dr Scott

Beer colder than your Mom, Whiskey older than your Dad...
Dr Scott

Thu May 04, 2006 5:07 pm

If something ever happens (god forbid) to you, can you will the brew sculpture to the brewing network for all to appreciate? I think that would be great to be able to have access to, though that won't happen for me. Love the setup Doc. Good job.
I'm not a slacker in society. I'm an over achieving homeless person.

Drunk posting should be reserved for The RAT PAD!!
beer_bear

Return to Brewing Sculptures