Burners, regulators, and stuff

Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:07 pm

I am in the process of building a 3-tier gravity-fed brew stand. I am thinking about using 2 of these burners (one for HLT and one for MT to maintain temp if necessary), and one of these on the BK to get more even heat distribution. I was planning on using the regulator from my turkey fryer stand which is a 10 PSI regulator with 5/16 high pressure hose. This will connect to my hard piping (1/2") and each burner will be fed by 1/4" flexible high pressure LP hose.

So my question is: does this sound about right? Am I going to blow myself up? I really am trying to learn about all of this propane stuff, but it is either above my pay grade or I'm making it too hard. Thanks for the input.

Mike
BayouBrew

Re: Burners, regulators, and stuff

Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:41 pm

First off, ditch that piece of crap 10 psi reg, and go with this 0-30 psi reg, and your burners will be screaming. Stick with the 4 inch burner in your first link, the 12 inch burner in your second pick, is a piece of crap. I bought 3 of them, and sold two of them, and Id give you the third one if you lived closer, because they suck, plane and simple. The 4 inch burner with the reg I gave you the link too is a perfect match. If you dont like them, then I will buy them off of you if your not satisfied.
http://www.bayouclassicdepot.com/7850_p ... ulator.htm

This was that 12 inch burner installed on my brew magic, and to be honest that 4 inch burner brought the water, and wort to a boil 5 times faster than the 12 inch, save your money.
If you want peace, be prepared for war!
usmcruz

Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:38 am

Thank you sir. That's what I needed to know.

Semper Fi.
BayouBrew

Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:37 pm

Semper Fi!
usmcruz

Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:58 am

So now that you Marines are done rubbing your wieners together I have to say that I was actually surprised that two Marines could communicate without grunts, clicks, and whistles. :shock:

USMCRUZ, I was wondering why you didn't like those bigger burners? What issues did you have with them?

GO ARMY!!!
On Tap: Belgian Pale Ale, Robust Porter, Vienna Lager, German Pilsner
Conditioning: APA (Tasty's Recipe)
Fermenting: Alt, Scottish 70
On Deck: Bitter then a Wit
Jimbob

Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:09 am

Jimbob wrote:So now that you Marines are done rubbing your wieners together I have to say that I was actually surprised that two Marines could communicate without grunts, clicks, and whistles. :shock:

Nice, hooah :) .
BayouBrew

Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:07 pm

Jimbob wrote:USMCRUZ, I was wondering why you didn't like those bigger burners? What issues did you have with them?

GO ARMY!!!

The flame on them wasnt as forceful enough, like you get from the 4 inch burners. Even me adjusting the flame, and adjusting the height on them, it still wouldnt bring my water to a boil as fast as the 4 inch burners did.

:D
usmcruz

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:29 pm

That is fucking funny! And agreed, those banjo burners are pretty low output.

Fletch
(former 101st ABN)
New here, nothing to put in sig yet.
Brewgyver

Next

Return to Brewing Sculptures