Re: Burners, regulators, and stuff

Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:24 pm

Yup, those 4" burners are perfect for the home brewer.
Get 30 extra gravity points by pressing - up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start - during the mash.
BeerRun13

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:04 pm

Jimbob wrote:So now that you Marines are done rubbing your wieners together I have to say that I was actually surprised that two Marines could communicate without grunts, clicks, and whistles. :shock:

USMCRUZ, I was wondering why you didn't like those bigger burners? What issues did you have with them?

GO ARMY!!!

Have to ask the same question. I have the Banjo burner with a 30 Psi regulator, I have to be careful with it as I can boil off 2-3 Gallons in 60 minutes with the 12" burners. Output has never been an issue, in fact, I think it is overkill. At 30Psi, the manufacturer states 210,000 Btu's.

$0.02
Conical Fermenter - Amber Lager
Keg#1 Dunkel
Keg#2 Helles
Keg#3 Flanders Red
Keg#4 Star San
Keg#5 Star San
Keg#6 Star San
Kbar

Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:24 pm

I've been wondering about gas usage with the banjo burners...my current burner (4" cast iron) usually gets me 3 to 3.5 brews per BBQ grill tank.

Being able to cook off 2 to 3 gallons in an hour says that it uses a bunch of propane.....
Mad Scientist

Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:48 pm

Where is the answer-all forum thread to answer all these questions i keep seeing on multi-burner propane regulators, and why can't i find it easily?
More importantly, why is it i cannot find a good propane regulator on morebeer.com? They expect me to give up on my DIY and buy their system? WTF? What am I missing?
Corporal BlueCanoe
bluecanoe

Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:30 pm

Same here. The Banjo 30psi adjustable regulator feeding the main line ...with the big burners work great for me. (15gal HLT and 26gal Boil kettle). I have individual regulators leading to each burner next to the Asco valves. No issues. :bnarmy:

"Have to ask the same question. I have the Banjo burner with a 30 Psi regulator, I have to be careful with it as I can boil off 2-3 Gallons in 60 minutes with the 12" burners. Output has never been an issue, in fact, I think it is overkill. At 30Psi, the manufacturer states 210,000 Btu's."

$0.02[/quote]
Rehab is for Quitters!
Landshark

Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:31 pm

bluecanoe wrote:Where is the answer-all forum thread to answer all these questions i keep seeing on multi-burner propane regulators, and why can't i find it easily?
More importantly, why is it i cannot find a good propane regulator on morebeer.com? They expect me to give up on my DIY and buy their system? WTF? What am I missing?

Bayou Classic sells everything you need for burners & regulators.
Rehab is for Quitters!
Landshark

Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:17 am

When I built my brewery I was frugal. I scavenged things from old BBQ's but discovered one problem! Those home BBQ's operate on a "low pressure" system and to achieve that quick rapid boil you'll need a "high pressure" system. My solution was to purchase the high volume reg. and oh be aware of that snappy coupler from your old BBQ., the part that allows you to attach to the propane tank. Inside that little handwheel as we'll call it is a built in volume reducer! Until I modified it only one burner would light! Drilling it out allowed me unbridled volume enough to have all three cajun cooker burners compete with the devils flame thrower.
Steve

Previous

Return to Brewing Sculptures