Re: New Blichmann Top Tier Sculpture.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:59 pm

the stand without shelves and burners sells for $499. the spin they are making is that you aren't buying a system but something that you can grow on. you know, you've already got a kettles, a chiller and all that. what you want is something not so rinky dink. while I'm all about DIY keep in mind that not everyone is clever with fabrication so this tree may be just what somebody needs.

a Brew Magic setup goes for $5500. and once again you could argue that "dude, I could totally make that for cheaper" it isn't the point. there's something to to said about not having to fuck with something to make it work. lots of the stuff that I do is DIY but only because what I wanted didn't exist when I made it. and often what I made gets replaced with something commercial later on.
get a 500 Beers book today from beerschool.com
not on tap: Beer School the beer pouring at 21st Amendment. we drank it all.
johnfoster

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:28 am

Finally saw one in person this week. Fun concept but, I think that brewers know what set up they are going to use. For the brewer that is using gravity with something like Polarware or Brewtek kettles, they don't need the center extrusion to be so tall... The two-tier brewer needs even less. Why have such a tall center extrusion for your set up... Not to mention, if you can't build it yourself, you should be able to find a a fully plumbed gravity brewstand for $700.00 or less including the manifold which the Blichmann model doesn't include.
Get 30 extra gravity points by pressing - up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start - during the mash.
BeerRun13

Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:37 pm

BeerRun13 wrote:Not to mention, if you can't build it yourself, you should be able to find a a fully plumbed gravity brewstand for $700.00 or less including the manifold which the Blichmann model doesn't include.

I have not seen a fully plumbed stand anywhere....are you referring to having someone custom build one or have I missed something in my search for an affordable, comparable beer stand to the Blichmann model?
Timmy
BN Army Air Corps

Go Cubbies!
TimmyR

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:34 pm

TimmyR wrote:
BeerRun13 wrote:Not to mention, if you can't build it yourself, you should be able to find a a fully plumbed gravity brewstand for $700.00 or less including the manifold which the Blichmann model doesn't include.

I have not seen a fully plumbed stand anywhere....are you referring to having someone custom build one or have I missed something in my search for an affordable, comparable beer stand to the Blichmann model?

I'm sure you'll see something out there soon.
Get 30 extra gravity points by pressing - up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start - during the mash.
BeerRun13

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:20 am

BeerRun13 wrote:I'm sure you'll see something out there soon.

Hilarious.

I too am curious about what people think of the Blichmann system... especially someone who has one. Any users out there want to provide a semi-objective review?
andersonimes

Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:24 pm

andersonimes wrote:

Hilarious.

How so?

I too am curious about what people think of the Blichmann system... especially someone who has one. Any users out there want to provide a semi-objective review?

Don't own one, seen one though. Pretty cool system, and something that allows you to change your system as you grow.
BeerRun13

Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:40 am

BeerRun13 wrote:
andersonimes wrote:

Hilarious.

How so?

I was also left :?:

Just got my 20-gal Blichmann Boilermaker with Hopblocker. Reports to follow in a week or so.
Timmy
BN Army Air Corps

Go Cubbies!
TimmyR

Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:58 pm

Oh I noticed your signature... I meant to add that to my comment, but I believe I was drinking at the time :aaron
andersonimes

PreviousNext

Return to Brewing Sculptures