Re: One piece at a time

Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:07 pm

Why yes, but they are giving us problems. :asshat:
Normal is getting dressed and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for, in order to get the job you need to pay for the cloths and the car and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.
budrockdiesel

Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:36 am

I want specs and parts list!!

You suck!!
Nate
http://www.nebraskabeerblog.com
Beers on tap-Schwarzbier, RyeIPA
BrewBum

Sun May 03, 2009 2:01 pm

There's something very familiar about this whole thing. I still think you're better off with a physical mount for your control box, but whatever. Hey. Don't let that 0006 guy fool you. He hardly ever brews anyway. His own stand smokes worse than a ham factory. Okay if you want to brew a Rauchbier.
I can almost hear him now, telling me "suck it, hippie! suck it!" :lol:
aleguy

Fri May 08, 2009 6:56 pm

Sweat, Blood, and tears!!!
I think I fianally have it!! Worked all day and did a wet run and everything worked fine but the temp controller kicked my ass. I will take it home and play with it and see what I am doing wrong. I noticed my pump was making a little noise when it was starting to boil. Is that normal? I hope that I can brew next weekend!! It has been too long!!

Wet run

Home made pilots

All rolled up and waiting on grain

Normal is getting dressed and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for, in order to get the job you need to pay for the cloths and the car and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.
budrockdiesel

Fri May 08, 2009 10:04 pm

Nice, I'd come check it in person but Washington is far as fuck, you bringing that thing back to the flats anytime soon?
triple-oh_six :bnarmy:

Cajun Brewing
triple-oh-six

Sat May 09, 2009 1:23 am

Wow that thing is sweet! Hey, the thing about the pump making noise during the boil: I find the pump sucks in bubbles boiling off the bottom of the tank. Your cavitating and that aint good. When I want to pump boiling water, I get a good boil going, then turn off the heat and start the pump.
Private First Class, BN Army

always pulling decoction

Grist Licker

Sat May 09, 2009 10:23 am

Grist Licker wrote:Wow that thing is sweet! Hey, the thing about the pump making noise during the boil: I find the pump sucks in bubbles boiling off the bottom of the tank. Your cavitating and that aint good. When I want to pump boiling water, I get a good boil going, then turn off the heat and start the pump.

That used to bother me, too, until I thought about it a little more. It's not air bubbles that are going through the wort - it's water vapor bubbles. As long as your fittings are tight before the pump, you will not be introducing air into the wort.

Mylo
"Life is too short to bottle homebrew." - Me

"HEINEKEN? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!" - Dennis Hopper, in Blue Velvet
Mylo
Global Moderator

Sun May 10, 2009 8:46 am

Try putting your pickup tube a little higher. Trip has had the same problem, but it turned out to be a compacted grain bed. With water, you most likely aren't having that problem.You want that pump to work whether your burner is going or not so you can recirculate your mash. As long as the pickup is below your false bottom you're alright. Don't try to get every last drop of wort out of your mash tun. What's left at the end will be the least valuable anyway. As long as you get your boil volume, don't sweat a little leftover wort.
Also, you need to get all the air out of the line before your pump will work properly. That may be the problem, but I know you already know that, so I'm not going to tell you anything about "milking" the line, or bleeder valves, or . . .
aleguy

PreviousNext

Return to Brewing Sculptures