Re: Wiring up loves & ascos

Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:41 am

codewritinfool wrote:The way I presented it the Loves power is not even addressed - you already stated that they are controlled by the main power and you didn't want to have them affected by the new switch. The diagram presented is just a portion of the overall hookup, focusing exclusively on the new switch and the functionality you desire.

Sorry, but I think you are confusing Love power with relay common. Like I said, I do not own a Love controller, but I am certain that its relay contacts are all brought out independently - without looking at a diagram, I suspect that your jumper between 8 and 10 is the Love line hot to relay common. This jumper cannot be in place if you use my diagram. Remember, I don't even address the Love power - you already have that, so if the Loves used to be powered on via the main only and now they are affected by the new switch, then they are wired incorrectly.

I am confident that my diagram is a correct solution for what you asked for. It is only one method to achieve what you want; there are certainly others. If you'd like me to redraw it with the Love terminal numbers on it, I can.

I think I see why I misread your diagram, this makes more sence to me now.
Hopefully I'll get off early enough to check it out tonight.

The friend who's supposed to help me out keeps bailing on me, unless I am 100% confident I'll still get this guy to look it over before I power up.

Thanks for the re-explanation.
triple-oh_six :bnarmy:

Cajun Brewing
triple-oh-six

Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:57 am

triple-oh_six wrote:The friend who's supposed to help me out keeps bailing on me, unless I am 100% confident I'll still get this guy to look it over before I power up.

That's right, because once you "let the smoke out" of the electrical components - you can't put it back in.

Mylo
"Life is too short to bottle homebrew." - Me

"HEINEKEN? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!" - Dennis Hopper, in Blue Velvet
Mylo
Global Moderator

Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm

You need to run a 120V hot to terminal 10 and one lead of your solenoid to either terminal 9 or 11 (depending how you want it to operate) then run the other solenoid lead to your 120V Common

This is as related to me on another board. Mine works fine hooked up as indicated.

Sean
Three out of four people make up 75% of the worlds population.

Sean's Brewery & House of Ill Repute
seanhagerty

Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:39 pm

Hehe... Hagerty posted a picture with the word "probe" on it... :)

Mylo
"Life is too short to bottle homebrew." - Me

"HEINEKEN? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!" - Dennis Hopper, in Blue Velvet
Mylo
Global Moderator

Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:43 pm

Alright, think I got it now, excuse my incompetance.

This is (should be) hooked up according to Code's diagram.

The loves are upside down in the pic

Cajun Brewing
triple-oh-six

Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:11 pm

You need a ground wire from your ground buss to the housing itself. I don't see that anywhere.
code
codewritinfool

Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:17 pm

codewritinfool wrote:You need a ground wire from your ground buss to the housing itself. I don't see that anywhere.

Got it, besides that does everything else look right?

Cajun Brewing
triple-oh-six

Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:20 pm

Looks pretty good to me, get some other opinions too.
code
codewritinfool

PreviousNext

Return to Brewing Sculptures