Re: Brew Strong just going through the motions

Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:40 pm

Man Feb 26th 2017 a new low.

What was that?

Jamil did a live read. Rambled on about how bad the show was for a few minutes and then went into the next live read.

Train wreck.
mrsoul12

Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:34 am

1beerbaron wrote:I'd say the problem is they're starting to recover topics and people are asking the same questions without going back to old shows.

I agree. A lot of the questions people are asking are repeats. To be fair, I think they try to give each topic some coverage. That often means 2-3 minutes on a topic that has already been covered well. That said, I still think there's gold in there, and I find particular value in Jamil's changing attitudes over time (i.e. using Blackprinz over the Carafa Specials or his newfound exploration of double mashing after originally being convinced that wouldn't work).

I do think the show would benefit from some additional material organization beforehand. For example, if they wanted to re-cover HSA someone could listen to previous shows on the topic, summarize the common points and highlight and discrepancies or changes in opinion over time. Then with that as a starting point they could take listener questions that cover new ground or propose new sub-topics of their own.

I realize that's a lot of work and it may not be practical under the constraints that exist today. However, I think an approach like this could keep the show true to the original spirit of tackling myths and tough topics. Otherwise re-plowing the same old ground is somewhat inevitable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BSBrewer

Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:02 pm

Ozwald wrote: We could pencil in a date on the feelings calendar.

Oh wow. Hahahahahahahahahaha!
Is that damn thing still around?
:drink
snowcapt

Previous

Return to Brew Strong