Show suggestion - tubing/hoses

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:02 am

I've had my fair share of problems with hoses etc used in brewing. :evil: So many types are available, and even those sold at reputable brew shops can taint beer. I would love to hear the guys discuss topics such as hot side transfer tubing (silicon etc), racking tube, and beer line (vinyl, poly, barrier tubing, etc).

Unless this has been discussed already?
Eamonn

Re: Show suggestion - tubing/hoses

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:30 am

You can send specific questions to feedback. They'll answer them at the beginning of the show.

I'd hate to hear them talk about hoses for 4 hours.
Quin

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:39 am

Quin wrote:You can send specific questions to feedback. They'll answer them at the beginning of the show.

Ahhhhhh....hey now, to each his own! :unicornrainbow:
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:17 pm

Quin wrote:You can send specific questions to feedback. They'll answer them at the beginning of the show.

Brew Strong would only be about an hour or so. I think maybe a should that had to do with transfers, either manual or pumps, then hose talk could be incorporated.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:15 pm

Everybody seems to use vinyl hoses for transfer of beer to kegs etc. I find that running my tap water through vinyl tubing leaves a very noticable taint in the water, and also beer if you choose to use it for transfers. This is the standard vinyl tubing sold at home brew shops I am talking about.
Eamonn

Return to Brew Strong