Northern Brewer Show

Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:10 am

Is the show that was done at the NB shop in Milwaukee going to be posted? If so, any idea when?
bobjohnson

Re: Northern Brewer Show

Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:01 pm

I've also been waiting for that one. Any idea on when it will be downloadable?
barleypopmaker

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:23 pm

:aaron I see they updated the mp3 tape list but I don't see the Northern brew show. Most likely they were to drunk/hungover, and forgot to hit the record button.
Martyvh

Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:28 am

If nothing else, does anyone know what was "cloned" while they were there?

Maybe someone has the file saved besides Justin. Like how the Malt Liquor show got sent around?
bobjohnson

Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:10 pm

They brewed on Friday but it was not a "can you brew it" session. I don't recall offhand what they were brewing. It will be sad if that show was lost because the Jamil Show in Milwaukee was tasting of listener beers. At least that is what they said it was going to be on Friday.
barleypopmaker

Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:40 pm

I hope this one isn't lost. I couldn't stick around for the show, I had to make my brother's B-day bash.
CrookedChris

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:00 pm

:aaron It's finally posted!!! Great show
Martyvh

Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:04 pm

I enjoyed the show, but I think that Jamil was too forgiving when giving feedback on the beers. I feel like they had a few beers which all seemed to have problems, but that Jamil was trying too hard to be "nice" and not giving meaningful, helpful feedback (either for the brewers or the listeners).

For example, it sounded like the "Imperial Wit" had some major defects - I kind of implied that it didn't attenuate out fully enough, that the spicing was all wrong, and that it finished too sweet. This is the kind of feedback a brewer should want to hear! I appreciate being "nice" for the sake of your hosts, but if I were to bring my beer in for Jamil to taste, I'd hope to get open and very honest feedback, stuff that I can take back and re-apply into my brew process later.

Other than that, great episode, really fun to listen to, and awesome to hear about what other homebrewers out there are doing.

Now, who's gonna ship some New Glarus to me in Israel?
On Deck: Ruination IPA clone, Red Rocket clone
Primary: American Brown Ale
Conditioning: American Pale Ale
Enjoying: Green Flash West Coast IPA clone, American Amber Ale
MrBisco

Next

Return to The Jamil Show / Can You Brew It?