Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:35 pm

yabodie wrote:Second question is did you let the must sit for 24 hours after the campden tablet was added? If not that will stress out the yeast quite a bit.

I put the tablet in the water on Wednesday as well. This was a mead kit so I did not really pick out the yeast, but I will make note of the yeast you have mentioned next time.
Member of the BN ARMY.

Nothing like a pint to hold you over to the next one, that's what I always say!
Garrete

Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:41 pm

yabodie wrote:Must easier on the yeasties.

That's either a perfect typo or a hell of a pun!
Pri: Community Nudity Ale, Magician Red Ale, Berliner Weisse
Bottled: Paxton's Tripel and Dubbel, 400 Rabbits Ale, Cap'n Crunch Amber Oat Ale

o-<-'<
rhino777

Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:44 am

rhino777 wrote:
yabodie wrote:Must easier on the yeasties.

That's either a perfect typo or a hell of a pun!

Sometimes the best things are completely not intended...I must have been drinkin' my mead at that point!! NICE!!
yabodie

Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:46 am

Garrete wrote:
yabodie wrote:Second question is did you let the must sit for 24 hours after the campden tablet was added? If not that will stress out the yeast quite a bit.

I put the tablet in the water on Wednesday as well. This was a mead kit so I did not really pick out the yeast, but I will make note of the yeast you have mentioned next time.

I think you need to wait 24 hours post campden tablet before you pitch the yeast.

Lalvin yeasts are about $0.95 a 5 gram packet, best to use 10 grams for a 5 gallon batch.
yabodie

Previous

Return to Mead & Cider