Making adjustments to my finished cider

Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:32 pm

So my ciders fg is 1.003 it tastes good...
I was going to make acid, tannin, and backsweeting adjustments. But it tastes good. I don't know what I am tasting or how it could be better. Any thoughts
norfire0

Re: Making adjustments to my finished cider

Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:45 pm

Sounds like it is time to package it and begin drinking.
Beer. Bikes. Cosmic B-fields.
adamK

Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:11 pm

I am thinking acid would bring out some flavors and make it crisp... I really don't know enough about cider to say my cider is already at the point where an acid addition won't buy me anything in terms of flavor. Is there a general Ph range to target for general crisping if flavor.
norfire0

Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:52 am

If it tastes good, leave it alone. Or set aside a small sample you can experiment with, like splitting a 5 gallon batch with 4 to drink & 4, 32oz samples for a control & 3 attempts at whatever you'd like to try to improve it, such as 3 different acid dosages. You may get lucky, but my guess is you'll find that the 4 gallons will be your favorite out of the whole deal.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:42 pm

Ok. The cider is kegged. thank you. I am still making some adjustments. I well get back and up date what i've done and how it is
norfire0

Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:33 pm

If you like the cider as it is than don't mess with it. You can really screw it up by adding too much artificial shit to it.

From the gravity you posted, it looks fairly dry and should be fairly tart.
Corporal, BN Army
On Tap: Whatever IPA, Oat Stout, Cider, Citra-Mosaic Hopped Cider, Cherry Cider.
Aging: Black Currant Lambic, Oud Bruin, Eng B-wine, 65gal barrel of scabby 3rd runs w/Rosalare-Lacto Brux -we just call T.E.D.
BrewChoPs

Return to Mead & Cider