Beef

Tue May 28, 2013 8:54 pm

Inspired by the "Pork" thread, how about a "beef" thread? I'll start.

Top sirloin steak with grilled onion and pepperjack cheese.

Ribeye steaks for my 7th wedding anniversary a few weeks ago.

Ribeye steaks because my family deserves a great meal.

Beef tacos. Simple, fast, and I can put cheese on it (I'm from Wisconsin). (Edited to add: This was from a veal, aka baby cow aka calf. Equal parts rib, sirloin, chuck, and cheek was the ground meat used.)
twitter.com/GentleCuntPunch

If you take what I post here literally, you're retarded. I'm here to fuck around, have a good time, and learn about beer. You mean nothing to me and I mean nothing to you.
Adam

Re: Beef

Tue May 28, 2013 10:45 pm

I want all of that.
code
codewritinfool

Tue May 28, 2013 11:36 pm

I may suck at life, but I can cook some meat and prepare a meal.

If you take what I post here literally, you're retarded. I'm here to fuck around, have a good time, and learn about beer. You mean nothing to me and I mean nothing to you.
Adam

Tue May 28, 2013 11:43 pm

Have you tried marinating the steak for an hour or so in a olive oil, salt and dukkah?
Fermenting; manuka smoked barley wine, 3203 red ale.
Bottled; too many,
Kegged; 60/-
On Deck; Count ding dong and inbred ding dong, belgian dark strong with/out brett.
Building; single tier brew system
j1m1

Tue May 28, 2013 11:53 pm

j1m1 wrote:Have you tried marinating the steak for an hour or so in a olive oil, salt and dukkah?

Never heard of "dukkah". What is it?

Marinades only season the outer part of the meat. Brines season the entirety of the meat. I'm more open to a brine than a marinade, even a marinade injection.

Adam

Wed May 29, 2013 1:35 am

It is a middle eastern spice nut and seed blend usually used with dipping breads with oil. It is pretty good
j1m1

Wed May 29, 2013 7:14 am

Sounds good. I'll look into making that and trying it out.

Adam

Wed May 29, 2013 9:45 pm

Beef stew. No potatoes. Rump roast bought at 3lbs, cut off a nice steak and use 2lbs cubed steak for the stew.

Always cut a steak off the roast used for the stew to share with my daughter for lunch.

New York Strip (lower backstrap) with mushrooms, green peppers, and onions sauteed in butter, beans, and corn. Paulaner hefeweizen in the glass.

Adam

Next

Return to Great Food VigArously