Hello from England

Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:28 am

Hi All,

I'm a returning All-Grain brewer from Crewe, Cheshire, England.

My setup is the Grainfather System & on Saturday I did my fifth brew - a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale "clone".

Looking forward to lots of info & discussion from fellow brewers around the world.

Only discovered BN a couple of months back & I'm working my way through the radio shows - currently on October 2005, so a long way to go.

Cheers.
Scroopster

Re: Hello from England

Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:49 pm

Welcome,

There is lots of good information kicking around and people that like to give it out.

What other things have you been brewing? Sierra Pale Ale is always a solid choice.

-Nate
BN Army : Cannon Fodder Division

"Risk of failure should be no deterrent to trying"
NateBrews

Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:34 pm

Welcome to the forum!

+1 to what Nate said as well. Do you have any go to brews in England that you really enjoy?
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:51 pm

NateBrews wrote:Welcome,

There is lots of good information kicking around and people that like to give it out.

What other things have you been brewing? Sierra Pale Ale is always a solid choice.

-Nate

I've made a Courage Directors clone - very pleasant, a London Bitter & a Scottish Bitter Muntons kit - not too good & an Amarillo Single Hop Ale - unfortunately chronically under hopped.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is an attempt to find out the right hops level for my brews - not exactly a "Hophead" but I do like a well-hopped beer.
Scroopster

Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:55 pm

brewinhard wrote:Welcome to the forum!

+1 to what Nate said as well. Do you have any go to brews in England that you really enjoy?

Shepherd Neame Spitfire is one of my all-time favourites, as is Timothy Taylor Landlord. As for craft beer, there is a brewery in Crewe - Offbeat Brewery that is knocking out some pleasant brews.

I also like Brewdog 5AM Saint but have found some of the others, especially Dead Pony Society, not to my taste at all.

I'm looking to further my beer horizons by trying a couple of Saisons, amongst others, so that if I like a style, I can have a go at brewing a batch.

Fun times ahead, for sure.
Scroopster

Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:47 pm

For saisons in particular, keep in mind that they can vary quite widely. I've had a lot of them that I was not very fond of, but others that were quite nice. Generally the more restrained ones are to my liking, and so that is how I make mine.

NateBrews

Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:22 pm

Welcome Scroopster!
Have fun with the show archives, you have a lot to look forward to. :crazybitch: :D

But whatever you do, don't ever listen to "that other show". You'll thank me later. :unicornrainbow:
Gimme oysters and beer (and Durian) for dinner every day of the year...
mike____

Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:36 pm

And if you do, don't admit it. But if you admit it, deny it. If however you don't deny it, then take your pants off.

NateBrews

Return to New Users