Newbie catching up through the episodes

Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:26 am

Yo.

I'm Scien, I've been brewing for about 4 years off and on, and I live in Kansas City. Lee's Summit actually. I go to KC Bier Meisters meetings occasionally and recently was head steward for their annual competition.

I've been listening over the last few years, mostly on archive podcasts but I have also caught the occasional more recent shows that my girlfriend listens to. Currently listening to 5-18-2008 so I've got a bit to go. I've even been to the last two anniversary parties at NHC. You might remember me, although probably not due to all the awesome beer, as being the asshole that almost beaned Beevo at the dunk tank:

Anyway, I finally decided to register and see what all this talk in the show about how the forums are awesome is about. It sounds like you guys have a lot of fun and info in here.

Cya guys around.
Scien

Re: Newbie catching up through the episodes

Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:54 am

Outstanding! I have been in a similar brewing background, and have caught up to March of 2008. I will be catching up to you soon. I'm lucky I am able to listen to 2 to 3 archives a day at work!
HoppedHangar

Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:36 pm

Welcome aboard! We do have a lot of fun here and there are a ton of great brewers as well always willing to share their expertise and insight so don't be afraid to ask any and all questions!

Cheers -

Brewinhard :bnarmy:
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:00 pm

Welcome to the asshattery
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg