Re: while we are on the subject.

Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:24 am

popester wrote:What would a person use to record an audio stream that has "low overhead" (doesnt eat up system resources) and has a resonably compact output. :?: For just such an emergency.

you could use streamripper or stationripper. they record straight to mp3 and even break up the tracks per file... so say during the show they talk then play a song by U2 then talk again, then play a song by aerosmith. Your output folder would have a talking.mp3 file, a u2.mp3 file, anothertalk.mp3 file, and an aerosmith.mp3 file. Both programs add the id3 tags to the mp3 files as well.
Streamripper is free but I personally perfer station ripper. I think it has a better interface and is easier to use.
KrOtChRoTT

Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:55 am

Well guys, one of our truly awesome listeners has sent us a recording of Sundays show. Almost all of it is there, just a few minutes missing I think. SO I will be putting in rotation late tonight, and will broadcast it through tomorrow night.

You guys are great. Thanks for the help,
justin
Brewcaster J

Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:28 pm

FWIW, I love Total Recorder Pro. It has an excellent scheduler, so that you can record multiple programs with varied settings and formats. It'll break files on title changes or extended reduced volumes. Not very expensive and well worth it.
hiroller173

Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:23 am

savecast works well too, i think its free too.
Its a winamp plugin
KrOtChRoTT

Previous

Return to Beer Radio